Disclaimer: The coverage is brought to you in real time, using a custom live blogging tool. Feel free to ask questions or leave comments for inclusion into the live coverage. During the live event, live notes will auto-scroll with newest entries at top. After the session is complete the archive version will have the oldest entries at the top. We ask you to please excuse any typos, as these are live notes.
- Brian Ussery:Matt: If you treat Googlebot differently you might be detected as cloaking by Google.
- 1:24:34 PMBarry Schwartz:Matt said there are valid reasons. The test, do you have code specific for GoogleBot, then it is high risk.
- 1:24:08 PMFabio Ricotta:The last SEOmoz Whiteboard Friday was an interview with Duane – it was awesome http://bit.ly/hv7mdn
- 1:24:08 PMBarry Schwartz:Bing said, be careful, it can be an issue.
- 1:23:56 PMBarry Schwartz:Using segmentation programs on your web site, showing one version to another and another version to another — is that cloaking?
- 1:23:39 PMBrian Ussery:Ask The Search Engines
Youâ€™ve heard the lingo: PageRank sculpting, duplicate content penalties, canonical tags, sitemap structure, nofollowâ€¦ and most recently a lot about the potential impact of Google Instant. In this session, you can ask questions and get direct answers from engineers from Google, Microsoft and the other search engines about crawling, indexing, ranking and other organic search issues.
Danny Sullivan, Editor-in-Chief, Search Engine Land
Q&A Moderator: Robin Aguilar, Principal SEO Analyst, AOL
- 1:22:06 PMBarry Schwartz:Rich of Blekko founded DMOZ and now bans them
- 1:20:05 PMBarry Schwartz:Duane is the public face of Bing in the forums and blogs…
- 1:19:39 PMBarry Schwartz:Matt Cutts, Software Engineer , Google Inc.
Duane Forrester, Sr. Product Manager â€“ Webmaster Outreach, Microsoft
Rich Skrenta, CEO, Blekko
- 1:18:31 PMBarry Schwartz:
- 1:17:43 PMBarry Schwartz:Here we go…